The most searched keywords are popular searches that people use to find information on a wide range of topics. The term keyword means a word or phrase used to find information with a search engine. If someone wants information on high blood pressure, for example, he or she would use keywords like "high blood pressure," "causes of high blood pressure" and "blood pressure medications" on search engines like Google and Bing. Webmasters use keywords to draw traffic to their sites and entice people to buy their products and services. The key to driving traffic to a website lies in picking keywords that a lot of people are looking for on a daily basis. The keywords should also have low competition from other sites.
Tools for Finding the Most Searched Keywords
The following tools are the most popular and the most effective for helping you find the most search keywords on the Internet. You can use them to identify valuable keyword opportunities for your website or blog.
- Google AdSense Keyword Explorer: Find the best performing keywords by entering a website or similar search terms. The free tool provides the number of monthly searches for the keyword as well as how competitive the search term is.
- WordTracker: As the most popular paid keyword exploration tool, WordTracker offers an intuitive user interface, simplified navigation, and essential project management tools.
- Search Keyword Tool: Google's search-based keyword tool is essential for anyone who is looking to run AdSense campaigns or host ads on their website. The service provides relevant keywords, monthly queries, and suggested bid price for PPC campaigns.
- Google Insights: Identify keyword search patterns using a variety of metrics, including dates (length), locations, and categories.
- Google Trends: A simplified version of Google Insights.
- SEM Rush: A comprehensive keyword competitive analysis tool, which provides Google and AdWords keywords for a given website. Additionally, the service provides estimated AdWords traffic, affordable keywords, and competitor's keywords for each website.
- Trellian Keyword Discovery: Generate the top 100 keywords based on your existing keyword(s).
- WordStream: Software-based keyword tool, which automates a variety of Search Engine Marketing tasks.
- Keyword Spy: A competitive intelligence and keyword research tool, which enables users to leverage the success of their competitors.
The Importance of Keywords
The most searched keywords in a niche help drive traffic to sites on topics ranging from health to dating to weight loss. Without the proper use of keywords, it will be difficult to get your website ranked in the top 10 search results for specific terms. If you sell widgets, you want people looking for widget info to find your site. This is how keywords play an important role in online business success.
Google and the other search engines change their algorithms regularly. The one thing that remains consistent is that the search engines want webmasters to produce quality content. Website owners used to be able to throw some keywords on a page and rank easily for those keywords. With all of the changes in search engine optimization, which is the process of making a website easier for search engines to find, this no longer works like it used to. Optimizing your content with keywords is important, but it's also important that you make the content useful and informative for site visitors.
Finding the most common keywords for your site topic will help you drive more visitors to your site. This can benefit your business in several ways. If visitors are already looking for a particular product or service, they will be warm prospects. You don't have to convince them that they need a product; you just need to convince them that your product is the best one for their needs. Even if you are not selling any products or services, driving traffic to your site is useful. If you display Google Adsense ads or affiliate program offers, you can use keywords to drive people to your website to click on ads or buy affiliate products. Another use for keyword optimized content is convincing people to sign up for your e-zine or e-mail list. If you have quality content with the right keywords, people will come to your site and sign up for your newsletter.